Gardens of Ireland
Join the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden on a special trip to the rich Irish garden region in and around Dublin June 22-30, 2018.
Itinerary highlights include:
- A visit to the Powerscourt, considered by many to be the grandest garden in Ireland. Designed by the 1st Viscount Powerscourt, the estate includes a 13th-century castle and a 62-acre formal garden.
- A tour of Hunting Brook, the garden of internationally renowned plantsman and collector, Jimi Blake, showcasing plants from around the world in a personal, ever-changing design.
- An experience at National Botanic Gardens of Ireland, a horticultural oasis in the heart of Dublin featuring more than 15,000 plant species.
- A tour of Mount Usher, a grand estate in the English tradition, home to champion trees and scores of rare plants
- Exclusive tours to private gardens designed by leading Irish garden designers.
- Explore Mount Stewart, Rowallane Garden and Beaulieu House & Garden and other fine gardens.
- Transportation to/from daily destinations
- Entrance fees pertinent to itinerary
- 4-star hotel accommodations
- Local taxes on lodging and meals
- Tips for local guides, waiters, bus driver
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner where indicated on final itinerary
- Tax-deductible gift to the Botanical Garden
- $5,000/person for double or twin occupancy (2 guests/1 or 2 beds)
- $6,100/person for single occupancy (1 guest/1 bed)
Reservations can be made with a non-refundable $500 deposit and a completed application form. The Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden will provide additional details for the trip when the departure date gets closer. You will receive confirmation of your reservation by mail within 10 days of receipt. Full payment is due on or before March 1, 2018. For more information, contact Debra Peckumn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.323.6289.
Learn more and register