Donate items to the next Shed Sale
The Friends of the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden need your help stocking up for the next Shed Sale!
Donate new and gently used items such as yard tools, botanically inspired artwork, decorative and terra cotta pots, bird baths and feeders, garden art, fountains, hoses, furniture, etc.
Items can be dropped off at the Garden Tuesday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No-contact drop-offs are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at 4445 Corporate Drive, West Des Moines and are available on the following dates:
For multiple item or large item pick up, please email email@example.com or call 515.323.6293.
Thank you to IMT Insurance for providing the drop-off and storage space!
Examples of donation items:
- Wheelbarrows/garden wagons
- Window boxes
- Plant stands
- Bird baths
- Garden furniture
- Decorative and terra cotta pots
- Garden hand tools (new or in good shape)
- Flower arranging supplies
- Bird baths, bird feeders, bird houses
- Wind chimes
- Gazing balls
- Garden décor
- Garden-related arts and crafts
- Garden-related antiques
- Botanical or nature art and photography
- Gardening or floral-related antiques
- Decorative vases but no florist vases please
- Electric or gas tools or equipment – MUST be in working order
Which items will not be accepted?
- Plastic nursery pots
- Florist vases
- Anything in disrepair
When and where can I drop off my donation?
Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden admission desk.
See listing above for no-contact drop-off dates.
Can I arrange a pickup for large or multiple items donations?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-323-6293 if you’d like someone to pick up your donations.