The North Gallery at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden furthers our mission of exploring, explaining and celebrating the world of plants by featuring the horticulturally inspired work of Iowa artists. Visit the North Gallery year-round for unique perspectives on the beauty and wonder of the natural world.
“Uncommonly Captured” by Jess Quinn: June 24-Sept. 9
“I am drawn to the dynamic forms found in nature, their beautiful curves, movement, and color. Freezing these botanicals in time reveals how beautiful, though seemingly chaotic, and yet ultimately structured our world is. I aspire to capture these common yet brilliant moments so that they may be reflected on and fully appreciated.” –Jess Quinn
Call for 2020 North Gallery Artist Exhibitions
We are seeking botanically inspired two-dimensional artwork for exhibitions in the North Gallery for calendar year 2020. Artists must be local to Iowa. For consideration, please send a Dropbox, WeTransfer or other cloud-based sharing link to email@example.com.
In this file-sharing location, please include eight representative JPEG images, framed piece retail pricing, an artist statement, a resume and an image list. Finally, in the body of the submission email, please list any 2020 dates that your work would not be available to exhibit at the Botanical Garden.
- Each exhibit is on display for a period of eight to 12 weeks.
- Exhibit space can support 15-17 framed pieces, depending on size.
- 75 percent commission paid on works sold.
- An opening reception with the artist at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden.
- Submissions accepted July 1–Sept. 1, 2019
- Notification to artist will be Oct. 1, 2019