Tuesday, September 25 11 a.m. – Noon
Explore volunteer opportunities at the Botanical Garden!
Meet with staff to learn more about current and future volunteer needs at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden. Positions that are available in several departments will be reviewed, a walk-through of the volunteer areas and facility will be taken and the opportunity to discuss activities with staff will be available.
To confirm your attendance at Volunteer Cultivation, contact Susan Cory, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515.323.6293.
To help us learn more about your interests, we ask that you fill out a volunteer application prior to the meeting.. Applications can be found below.
Join a dynamic team that is helping the Botanical Garden become one of the most beautiful attractions in Iowa! Volunteers are essential to our success and help carry out our mission by giving over 12,000 hours of service annually. Volunteers are involved in every area within the organization — share your enthusiasm for the natural world by connecting with guests, nurturing plants, educating or supporting events and activities.
Botanical Garden Volunteer Vision: The volunteer experience at the Botanical Garden is engaging, collaborative and mutually beneficial to volunteers and staff. The skills and dedication of volunteers enhances the work of the staff providing a team effort to advance the goals and mission of the organization. All involved share a passion for plants which provides the inspiration to create experiences that educate and inspire our guests and the greater Des Moines community.
Explore current openings to find volunteer roles that connect with your interests, skills and availability. If there is a potential fit, please fill out the appropriate volunteer application. Our needs change regularly so if you don’t see anything now, check back to view new opportunities.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- For those interested in an on-going commitment (weekly, bi-weekly, seasonal garden maintenance – up to six months)
- Typically between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Education, guest services, horticulture, administrative support
- Ages 14 to adult
- For those interested in assisting with one-time or multiple-day events
- Primary activities revolve around Spring Garden Festival, winter and spring break family programs or various horticulture or facility projects as needed
- Ideal for adults with limited time or students fulfilling Silver Cord credit
- Ages 14 to adult
- The Botanical Garden is not accepting applications for court-appointed community service at this time